I was very pleased at the time but very quickly started to see problems with it - too many to go into. I liked the pallet (the black/green background doesn't show up) and the lighting I had set up but I knew that I hadn't propperly acheived what I had set out to do.
This year I started a concept art class at St Leonards TAFE in Sydney called Production Art Department (which I sadly had to defer semester 2 of) where I was learning the necessary skills to make the painting I'd always intended. And so, here it is with some progress shots also.
First the ink drawing which i did in my sketch book, scanned and...
printed out on some better paper. A base coat an some base colours:
As my first gouache/acrylic painting in almost 10 years I'm quite pleased with it but I'm sure that very soon I'll see all the things wrong with it.